The word, which occurs in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian, means “conquest”, or “achievement”.
Cycling is all about overcoming. Cheating the wind. Defying gravity. Beating the peloton around France. Beating the traffic to work. Beating your mates to the café.
As often as not, it’s about conquering yourself. Clambering out of bed for a cold morning commute. Squeezing out a bit more effort when your lungs and legs are bursting.
So all cyclists are conquistadores – every one of us, every time we ride.
We aim to create a like-minded, interactive community around cycling and the cycling lifestyle.
- We love to hear your thoughts, wishes and views.
- By participating you will help shape the community.
- You don't have to be a professional photographer or writer to express an opinion or share your work.
- Contact Conquista by social media or email.
[powr-social-media-icons label="Conquista Social Media"]
Our goal is to explore the beauty of cycling in all its forms. Conquista will NOT give you . . .
- Race reports or results
- Nutritional advice (except, of course, involving coffee, beer or cake)
- Training tips for your next gran fondo or sportive
- Ripped abdominal muscles in only 6 weeks